суббота, 20 февраля 2016 г.

Russian Face

My mother was born in Moscow to a family of a physics professor but chose to become a painter. I did not get to choose and grew up in Jerusalem as an immigrant’s daughter in a home that doubled as a studio. When I was a child I wished my mother would work in an office, and that we would have no financial worries. Two years ago with a camera in hand I found myself following in her footsteps. Today I ask myself: Is it possible to be an artist and a good parent simultaneously?

Director Biography

I was born in Jerusalem in 1985 and grew up in a family of immigrants from the former Soviet Union. My first significant cinematic experience took place at the Jerusalem Cinematheque where I used to go every week to watch movies: domestic and international, contemporary and old. In 2010 after my military service and some traveling abroad, I enrolled in the film program at Sapir College in Israel. My primary focus was on documentary film. My interest in the documentary movie grew from a sense of curiosity about people in my life, and it allowed me to explore new angles to represent reality. In 2012 I attended KINO, a workshop and Film Festival in France. As a school project I edited Raz Badu’s film; "One Night Jaffa" which was awarded the first prize in Cinema South International Festival in 2014. Today I am an assistant director in the newsroom of Channel 99 of the Israeli TV.

Specifications

Film Type:Documentary, Short, Student
Genres:Family, Imagration, Art
Runtime:30 hours
Completion Date:June 10, 2015
Production Budget:12,000 USD
Country of Origin:Israel
Country of Filming:Israel, Russian Federation
Film Language:Hebrew, Russian











Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий